Wednesday, May 31, 2006

the origin of my name...


n-i-c-o-l-e
this is my name..
n i love it!!

nicole kidman : gorgeous huh?

mum gave me that name right after i was born..she thinks its unique..which is quite true! n the matter of fact is.. i got this name even earlier than i had my "yong wei peng"...n nicole doesn't appear in my birth cert...

wtf....

Seriuosly, i was all ignorant of this (my family calls me peng peng)...i dont even know i had a christian name till i was 5, when i found a really huge photo album with a really big word "nicole yong" as the album's cover deep in the cabinet...

then as usual, the curious me asked mum (in hokkien) : mie ah mie (my way of calling mum), who is this nicole?? y outside write nicole but inside contains all my pictures wan??? my elder sister issit???(well, i dun have 1, i'm the eldest, n i used to think that my mum had a daughter before having me, n she's dead, thats y my mum gave birth to me!) haha silly huh...

Then my mum gave me really cold look... n said: nope.. its not ur sis, but she's my daughter.. u r old enough to know the truth.. actually, i din gave birth to u.. after ur sis, my daughter died, i found u crying, helplessly, outside the house, near the trash... i sympathized u thats y i brought u back..n dad saw u n thinks u'r really cute, thats y he is willing to feed u!!!

mothers....haiz ....nvm....

In fact...my dad contributed nothing in the process of naming me...well not to blame him or something, or being prejudis or wat-so-ever, its just him... all he does is (according to mum) just carry me away when everyone else busying brain storming.

"yong wei peng" was given by hhmmm i dunno how to phrase it... well my mum tot of naming me "peng" (it refers to certain plant which stays together with lotus.. in another words, they're sama gang!), then my dad's best fren, whom actually stay RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, he suggested "peng" as well... but what about my middle name?? u cant name me yong peng... i dowan that kind of name!! i'm sure mum doesnt want ppl to think they're kuku to give me such name...

where's "me"?

Then my grandma.. come out with a 'ruling' out of the blue... all grandaughter of mine must be named yong wei xxxx n all grandsons must be named yong nen xxxxx.... and there.. story ends

'wei' in chinese, was mentioned as 'hui'.. its actually come from the word 'zhi hui' which means intelligent.. so.. my name was actually meant intelligent plant which i dunno wat u call in english... but seriously, look at me.. do i look like i'm intelligent???


i dun think so...

No comments: