Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pangkor Laut



(This has been in my draft for 3 weeks!)

Hi Hi back from Pangkor!

Saw the pictures on FB? The resort nice right? Well, there's more in Bird's mum and sister's camera. I came back a day earlier with Bird by plane cause apparently, he cannot miss Wed's class but guess what? He just skipped 2 out of 3 classes! -_-



This is baby Alastair? Alister? Alistair? I really dont know. His grandma calls him something that sounds like "Eh-Lester" (like how I call Lesboman sometimes haha)

Btw he's Bird's nephew. I feel he's rather small in size for an almost 1 yr old. I remember Justin was like twice his size lor but then yalah Justin was fat and chubby. Btw that Justin is now on diet and he exercises alot according to his mother my aunt. And tanned which apparently one of his teacher thought he's a mixture of angmoh + chinese + malay + indian. -___-

Back to the baby. I actually took many of his pictures and was busy playing with him as well as eating that's why there isnt much nice pictures. I didn' post up all the baby's pictures cause, I didnt asked permission from the boy's parents so yea, you'd see only a few. Ok, really, back to the baby. HE SMILES ALOT!! And best of all, he doesn't cry much... even when he has pooped or peed on his diapers or even constipating.

And as you can see I took so many pictures of different birds. -_-

First was Hornbill.

Semua gambar burung was taken on the first day, couple minutes after check in. I didnt know that there were hundreds of them on the island. I thought they were shipped over to the island but later was told that they flew over by themselves.

There were 2 different species, Big and Small. The ones I saw and snapped are small. Apparently Big hornbills were the ones shipped over and can only be seen on the other side of the island. But once a while they do come over to the main resort compound.


Secondly, the peacock.

I saw only one male one female. They're the production of a pair of imported peacock from I cant remember where and to this date there's about 50 of them.

Third, Fruit bats.

Super noisy. They are everywhere along the way from our villa to the reception. They too flew over and found their shelter at the resort.



There are 4 types of villa to choose from. Hill, Garden, Sea and Spa.

We stayed at Garden Villa.

Neh, someone asking me to teman him go poof poof. *rolleyes*

One villa has got 4 rooms, 2 on top 2 bottom. Top floor and bottom floor's have different interior design. All rooms are not connected so it was very troublesome for both Fatty and I to go over to see each other.

Mai Favourite! I actually tried the bath salt.

Damn relaxing!

Too bad they didnt provide bubble bath or aroma therapy oil.


Didn't had the time to take a look at the Spa Village. Btw, their 2 hrs spa and massages cost about RM499++ What a rip off!! I heard it's only RM78nett at TTDI

I hope I dont sound ungrateful here but this is definitely an ultra-uncle-holiday! Not a place for me, not now at least. At PLR, I eat 3 three course meal a day. It's literally wake up, buffet breakfast, rest and then it's time for 3 course lunch.. then rest, and before my stomach had the time to digest breakfast and lunch, it's dinner time already! -_-

Hence, it is definitely a place for 1) uncle and aunties 2) couples with baby(ies) 3) newly weds 4) those living a hectic life.

But overall I gotta say they offer really good service and very cincai in the sense, well, I went kayak-ed with Bird his sis and dad. They have only 2 man kayak so obviously I hopped on one with Bird and by right they should charge RM20 per hour per kayak but they charged only for one layak cause Bird and I played like only 20mins max.

Ok kayak was a funny story. I cant rmb when was the last time I kayak and I am sure I didnt learn it by heart so I shall just say I cant kayak so since I cant do shit Bird gotta teach me. The thing is, he sat at the back and my life vest is so huge I couldn't see much when he's teaching.

So you know lah he so bad temper, I was scolded throughout the time! Steer half way he went like "eh what u doing?! U stirring soup ah?!" "you digging sand ah" "OI DO PROPERLY LA"

Of course I'm not so bad lah I tried to learn and practice a bit ma.. and by the time I felt and thought I probably could steer properly already (which according to fatty he didnt think so) I SAW A BLACK SEA SNAKE STANDING OR SWIMMING VERTICALLY IN THE WATER LOOKING AT ME THEN SORT OF LIKE SLIDING TOWARDS OUR KAYAK AND OBVIOUSLY I PANICKED AND DONT KNOW DO WHAT TILL THE KAYAK WENT EVEN FURTHER OFF SHORE. WORSE PART WAS, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I DID THAT INSTEAD OF STEERING THE KAYAK TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION THE KAYAK WENT ROUND AND ROUND IN CIRCLES ON THE SAME SPOT.

So we went up to the shore only after 10mins and I was tearing abit. I asked the guard and he said tak ada ular kalau ada resort sudah tutup. He assured me that it's probably a wood stick. So we went back to kayak for the second time.

This time Bird was tired and fed up. So after steering all by himself for another 10mins he conned me "OMG GOT SNAKE GOT SNAKE NICOLE FAST GOT SNAKE STEER STEER" I got so panic I didnt know what I did but I remember we almost hit a mangrove tree (again, because of me -_-)




This was taken at Chapman's Bar, after lunch. Good's great view's great everything great here except service was a little slow. Here not that many flies but alot ants -_-

I dont understand how come no one likes this picture on FB.

His sister was like, Waikit, careful dont squash the baby. HAHAHA




I shaved his head again one day before we left to the resort. And the baby loves the hair =D


Maybe the main Pangkor island is a fishing village and many people there sai ham yu.. I dont understand how can a 5 star resort has got so many flies and mosquitoes. We dont have this problem in Perhentian what more we stayed at only a bag-packers resort.

One more plus point for perhentian is that, I can snorkel as much as I like at dirt cheap price but here, it costs RM300 per pax just to snorkel wtf what do you have in the Straits of Malacca? Sea urchin sea urchins and lucky you jellyfish.

No comments: