Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner at Marché

I had a late lunch cum early dinner at 4 ish with dad yesterday cause he had stuff to do..

Later, somewhere around dinner time, Fattyboy called and said he wanted bring me out for some nice cun dinner. =)

In the end, we ajaked his mum along since she's so kesian had to eat alone cause his dad had gone outstation. Mrs Wong was rather happy cause her precious beloved only son ajaked her out for dinner.

Opted for Marché at Curve. Ya know, the restaurant with big colourful cow statue outside that wan leh???

I assume my friends are as jakun as me, therefore 've decided to risk my little life and snap a few picture before I leave the place. ( I'm not sure if snapping pictures are allowed or not)

It's actually a market place inside, with a few of food stalls of various varieties and choices of food, tables and chairs to dine. It's more like a buffet thingy, but the difference is, you pay for only what you ate. So for small eaters, you wont leave the place feeling unworthy and sad for burning your wallet.


my pass card

Each human being who went in through their entrance 'gate' will be given one pass card. You'll get a chop for what you've ordered and at the end, just pay according to the number of stamps received.

Let's say if you're having some gathering, then you stamp on your own card lor... don't campur aduk. But if there's someone footing for your bill, doesn't really matter edi lor, cause in the end, make no different also...


close up


I was literally blur and lost in there, don't know what to do, don't know what to eat, don't know where to go. All I did was tailed on to Birdie. In that instants, I felt as if I'm the little mouse from farm, went to Paris looking for my city cousin.

In the end, he ordered the Italian Risotto Rice for me.

The Italian (pasta) stall

I had no idea what in the world is that nor its taste. But I suppose it's Italy punyer beras kua. It looks a little different from our normal Chinese/Asian rice: slightly shorter and rounder at the tip.


Italian Risotto Rice

Mine's the last plate of Risotto available cause, the beras OUT OF STOCK for the day muahahaha so i suppose it taste superb. Comes with some mushroom and many big chunks of chicken breast. You can choose either cream or tomato sauce.

Birdie: eh what sauce you want?
Me: er.... tomato?
Birdie: O.o..... you sure?
Me: ya lor.. cream fattening lah.
Birdie: as if you're not lah!
me: Z_Z... that's why lah.. fat edi still want add fat meh?!?!

This is indeed a very smart choice. It smells so good so appetizing. At first, when it's warm, taste really good lor.. but then hor, later hor, when the temperature starts to go away... pliak!!! The rice is coarse and taste as if it's not properly cooked.

I think someday, I might try to cook this dish using rice, capsicum, chicken breast and Prego's pasta sauce. Might taste better.

Bird said, it taste better with cream. But cream sauce with rice don't sound good to me... I only manage to finish up 3/4 of the rice, then gave up. Then Boyfriend helped me finished up another 1/4 of the remaining 1/4... cause really taste weird lah!!


Freshly squeeze lemon juice. Rm6.90++



His mum with her cream spiral pasta.

The cream pasta is GoOOd. It has this very strong fragrance of capsicum... they cook with yellow, green and red lantern pepper and again, many big chunks of chicken breast.


Last but not least, the most expensive one:

Boyfriend's Rib eye steak with side dish ( a few pieces of vege and mashed potato), Mashed Potato, Potato wedges.

Crazy right? Eat so much carbo and protein...

I like the wedges by the way. Taste way better than KFC's. He too had ordered a glass of apple juice. Don't pray pray eh.. they use Granny Smith's apple, tak tambah air, pure juice that sort of apple juice leh!!

His mum later ordered mushroom soup with a freshly baked bun. According to her, the mushroom soup is cooked using the very expensive high class Swedish mushroom. And they have this dish, looks like fried mushroom to me, his mum said it taste vEEeeery good. But too bad, I can never appreciate mushroom's goodness.

I tell you hor, themushroom soup, looks like......... puke - finely blendered and diluted But smell real good.

While we have quite a few plates of unfinished food, His mum and I went to the dessert section and ordered an apple pie like thingy, I think it's called Apple Masae or something. Fattyboy usually would refuse himself to eat all these desserts, pastries and etc but this one, he just couldn't resist... kept scooping one spoon after another.. This explain the taste I suppose? =D

The whole dinner cost about RM130, including the 11 bucks of tax and service charges. (!!!) There again, there's the 'exit gate'. The cashier will open it only after the payment is done. More like, highway toll?

Oh. Did I mention the Uniform? It's white and yellow, I think it's the Swedish traditional/farm girl outfit.. very cute =D I dare not ask those workers there pose for my camera lah...



No comments: