Friday, August 19, 2011

Im going to Taipei hehe

Hi there!

I dont even know when was the last time I logged in to blogger. I bet you must have missed me super the very much!

Anyway I think it should be time to update a little on myself, since I've not been keeping in touch with many of my friends. This would probably be one of the best way to tell everyone that I am still alive, and living good life (if there's really someone out there who still cares haha)

Actually I did have the intention to blog a little more often but nowadays I iPad more than using the desktop or laptop because it is really that bloody convenient. However for some unknown reason i just couldn't type anything in blogger.

I am working now in a multinational pharmaceutical company, Astra Zeneca (AZ). In Malaysia there's 2 different AZ entity - AZ Malaysia and AZ Asia Pacific Business Services (APBS). AZ Malaysia is more to operations ; AZ APBS is actually the financial shared service centre for the asia pacific region excluding India. It is currently serving 13 countries and laoniang's in the China team.

My position is financial analyst but in office it's called just analyst because it is already a financial centre. My job was more like a data entry clerk but now I was given more task and I have 2 contract staff to take care. Work load can be pretty heavy especially towards month end where I have 3 reports to rush. Not to mention, my job requires me to service internal customers as well, which can be quite sucky at times (because China people can be really dumb sometimes!)

If you're still my friend in Facebook you should still remember that I complained alot about my limited chinese vocab LOL. I can tell you now that I can type chinese very fast and my vocab is now fuuuyyyoooohhhhh!!!

Important part, boss and colleagues. My immediately superior is nice lah in general. I'm pretty reluctant to accept the job knowing that my would be reporting to a female superior and she doesn't smile much. The first day of work she practically left me alone for 4 hours and didnt even introduce me to other colleagues in the team what more the office. But then that's her. Super focused and concentrated when she work. One thing good is that she doesn't bother how u do your job as long as you get things done. The only time she calls you is when someone in China is rushing her for something.

Colleagues all speak Mandarin and Cantonese. But thankfully the 2 contract staff i kena jaga can speak English and my boss boss (dept head) is a banana hahaha so there balanced out abit. Everyone there calls me banana because my cina is seriously cha. Generally they are all very nice people. All young young one! Only those in higher position are around 40-50 range, the rest below 35, so office politic is really really minimal. Something which I am thankful for!

Company's been very generous. There's different "club committees" and every club's given a generous amount of budget. Even in the upcoming team building, the winning team will be going home with the highest spec of iPad 2. Not 1 unit you know, 5 units leh, for every winning team members! That's about RM10k, summor got other prices leh, which is also Apple products.

I'm really impressed on the willingness of the company to invest in the employees. There's language classes (japanese, korean, vietnamese, mandarin, thai etc etc) accounting classes for those who doesn't have any accounting background. Trainings every month (which is blehhh) and there's online e-learning courses which due every 3 mths and each 3 mths you must choose at least 3 subjects to study. Did I mention that the company will be paying for my ACCA exam fees? hehehe...

I like this place lah overall. It's really nice. The only downside is parking, which at the moment is not a concern to me. Makan a bit mafan also cause there's nothing much to eat nearby. And maybe too chinese.

So someday if so happen you're in curve/ikano/ikea, call me out!!!

No comments: