Saturday, June 07, 2008

the 350th post - men, shorts and slippers

I always walked around One Utama and The Curve. There were times, in fact MANY times I saw men, wearing untidily or rather not very presentable when they're out dating.

I once saw a man, wearing an ah-pek shorts, torn yellowed white home-shirt and a beca-lang's slipper. My first thought was gosh was an eye sore!!! Why would the girl go out with someone wearing these?!?!

I can understand this is a tropical country where you don't have dry chilly cold winds blowing at your face. It's sunny all day long and you sweat and there's hardly any breeze air blowing what more in this conceit jungle? So, men, of this tropical land, prefer wearing shorts.

A short is still a short: be it a limited edition of what-so-ever collection, or from gosh-so-fab designer house, or home made special design(-.-) , it is still not presentable. Which is why, at formal functions and events, shorts are not permitted because they simply don't do the trick.

I believe any women (or girl) would prefer their other halves to dress up nicely when they're out with them. And obviously, dress nicely doesn't mean wearing bow tie, vest, blazer and etc. Just a simple combination of long jeans or slacks and tee shirt with proper footwear will do.

I used to tell myself no matter what I will not go out with a (or any) guy if he don't dress up properly. (which means wearing shorts and slippers) But my boyfriend likes to wear shorts and slippers. ppffftttt...

Dad always told me, the thing that you hated most, you'll somewhat get it (or them). Just like mum. She hated physics when she's in high school - Especially electronics, just like me (or shall I say, I'm just like her?) But guess what? She ended up working in an electronic company.

But that is just not my point. But why cant men just realized how awful they look when they're in shorts especially walking in a mall? Hello? Your legs are hairy!! Bloody cover them up!! Girls wax their legs... i mean, some; and some lucky ones they don't even have any noticeable hair on their legs. Even if some unblessed hairy ones, like mine - we don't have thick, coarse, bushy and curly hair stucked onto the surface of the skin. Stop being so generous showing off your ugly hair!!

Wearing short is understandable in this hot land. Slippers. ARGHHH..... This is the worst thing ever!! You're already wearing shorts why cant you just put on a pair of proper footwear?!? NO... not slippers to a mall!!! You're not female. We girls have fashionable slippers/sandals which looks good on us, but not your plain-uncle-looking slippers!!!

Dad always go out putting on his trousers with slippers whilst brother and boyfriend love wearing shorts with slippers. My cousin brothers likes to wear jeans with slippers. -_______________- What is wrong with you people? What's wrong with wearing long pant with shoes???

It's fine if you're out to cyber or mamak wearing shorts and slippers. But not to a date or dinner or meet ups. X___X If you can make you girlfriend or spouse happy just by putting on a pair of proper footwear while you're out with her, I think it's a very very very very simple job.

Sometimes I'm really happy to know that Max (the dog) bit boyfriend's slipper. With this, he had no choice, gotta put on socks and shoe =) And no I am not complaining about him. It's basically bout every men. I'm just... curious and a little confused.

And yes I might have sounded a little as if I'm against men wearing shorts and slipper. Well in fact I think I am haha.. but boyfriend likes them. I couldn't open my mouth telling him that, I know he's happier wearing shorts and slippers than long pant and shoes. But I'm not...

Maybe I should just drop the matter. Or pray for great rain and wind haha so that the weather is cold enough to force him to wear long pants. I've seen him in jeans and shoe for only 3 times in my whole entire life!!!




No comments: